Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tea_tyme

Screen wont turn on . Red lights on the bottom turn on switch blink red.

Hello, i just bought my roku device 2 years ago. i went to turn on my tv. and the red lights on the turn on switch turned on and will blink, but the screen itself does not turn on. its just a black non powered screen. i payed over 1000$ for this 75 in tv and now its useless. i dont recall if i even have a warranty. i bought it at Walmart. i still have original boxing. is there a service i can pay for to have roku workers pick it up or look at it? is it a technical issue. i was hacked a few weeks back, could hackers be messing with everything. can anyone help, has this happened to anyone ?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Screen wont turn on . Red lights on the bottom turn on switch blink red.

Roku doesn’t make TV’s. They make the operating system and sell it to manufacturers. Since you bought it at Walmart it’s probably an ONN or a TCL. Just bought means you bought it less than a month ago. You’ve owned it for two years. Just about all electronics are warranteed for one full year. Unless you bought an extended warranty. You can reach out to the TV manufacturer. A hacker cannot get into your TV but explain what you mean about hacked? Hackers don’t take over someone’s TV or attack them personally because there’s nothing for them to get. Did your computer get a virus? Roku TVs aren’t over $1000. Even a 75” only sells for $750. So you’re saying your 2 year old tv doesn’t turn on? Did you try unplugging it for 60 seconds and plugging it back in?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen wont turn on . Red lights on the bottom turn on switch blink red.

Hi @tea_tyme,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For more help and assistance with this type of issue, you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV.  Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can locate their support contact information here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV 

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos