Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danmga

Screen images suddenly black and white only and very dim. Sound normal

I have an older Sony Tv. with a Roku streaming device. it is less than a year old.

I suddenly have a black and gray image that is very dim. I have tried re-setting to factory, switching HDMI ports, cables and reversing the cables. I have tried unplugging both power on the Roku device as well as the TV. How do I get some help on this very frustrating issue with Roku?

3 REPLIES 3
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen images suddenly black and white only and very dim. Sound normal

Hello! @danmga,

We're so glad you reached out to the Roku Community!

In regards to your older Sony TV, we are happy to assist you with using your Roku device.

• Please try adjusting the picture quality settings of your TV
  • Ensuring that the HDMI cables are firmly connected.
  • Try different HDMI cable
  • You could try connecting the device to a different TV and see if it works.

Please keep us posted on what you find out and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kamikohoshi
Reel Rookie

Just happened to me too, my TV is dimmed while being on normal brightness, yet the TV works just fine itself, still being able to watch TV, but the screens so dim I can barely see it, i reset, I unplugged it, I've done everything

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Kamikohoshi.

We appreciate you reaching out for support. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible.

As we checked, you have an ONN Roku TV, can you please confirm? Also, we highly suggest changing the ambient light sensor of your TV. Follow the instructions provided below:

• Home > Settings > TV picture settings > TV brightness > Constant brightness level > OK

For further details, refer to our Support article on How to adjust ambient light sensing on your Roku TV system

Let us know how it goes. We'll be anticipating your response! Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos