Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rumble being blocked by roku

I'm thinking that's what is happening too. Rumble worked for me this morning and an hour later it worked for a split second and returned to the Roku home screen. Very odd. I updated the app and Roku, even reinstalled Rumble and same issue. Rumble works fine when I open the app on my phone or go to the website. So it must be an issue with Roku.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rumble being blocked by roku

Hi @kittykatnip1970,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing with the Rumble channel. Please try to restart your Roku by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

If the problem still continues, please let us know.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AViewer
Channel Surfer

Rebooting the roku device made no difference

Roku 12.5.0 build 4178-50

Rumble app version9.9 build 37

Removing the app from the roku device, rebooting, checking for updates, reboot, reinstalling rumble also made no difference.

The rumble app is crashing and landing back at Roku home. This is happening consistently after 30 Seconds. The rumble home page is not loading, with the circle of doom rotating.

Looks like a web issue?  This crash is happening from any of the rumble app pages

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@AViewer,

Thanks for the update,

We appreciate the additional information regarding this. We'd recommend contacting the channel support team for further assistance. If the issue is isolated to a specific channel, this is an indicator that there might be a service interruption on the channel partner end. Roku only hosts the available channels on the platform.

Let us know how things turn out

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AViewer
Channel Surfer

Thank you for suggestion. But no. It is not an issue with the channel provider. I have two other roku identical devices with same build and app deployment and these work fine, from sharing the same router and broadband modem. The channel opens and behaves as expected 

Any other thoughts? I have a feeling I know where this is going....

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for the update, @AViewer!

Could you tell us how long the affected device has been on your router? Also, try connecting it to an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, and then try again to see if there are any differences.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AViewer
Channel Surfer

Attached to router since 2019. Along with the others. 

Ran a full factory reset on roku stick. All other channels connect as normal. Channel of interet behave the same, tining out after 30 seconds returning to roku home.

Tried on a different network ( hotspot using mobile phone 4g). The channel worked as it should. 

Connected roku back onto the shared lan, where the other two roku sticks are working fine. Tineout after 30 seconds.

Will try a full reboot of the router and wifi mesh tomorrow and try again

0 Kudos
AViewer
Channel Surfer

Update: Swapped roku sticks with another that works on the same Lan that connects to a different part of the wifi mesh. The swapped stick behaved properly. Relocating the duff stick to another part of the mesh made no difference.  I am confident this is not a Lan issue.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@AViewer,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop,

Just wanted to confirm that this works while connected to a mobile hotspot right? Could you share with us the device serial model which has an issue?

We'd like to take a closer look.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AViewer
Channel Surfer

Thank you Ray.

Serial Number YH009L165813

And yes, thanks for reminding me, it did work on a hotspot sharing a 4g mobile connection.

Weird

0 Kudos