Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KLKMX
Reel Rookie

Roku will not play anything on its channel. Ever.

Hello, 

We have a Roku TV, bought and installed everything a few weeks ago, and while we can get things from Gem, and the Weather Channel, and Tubi, the Roku channel will not play anything you select. If you select a title, it seems go go there, and presents the 'play' button, but pressing it just refreshes the play button. i have tried all suggestions i have found online - removed channel and re-installed mulitiple times,   reset system, unplugged TV, unplugged router (we have starlink in Mexico). i tried emailing support but have heard nothing.  it is so frustrating to receive all of these emails advertising new offerings and being unable to access ANY OF IT, new or old, free or otherwise.   please help. thanks, 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku will not play anything on its channel. Ever.

Hi @KLKMX,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

May we know if the issue only affects the Roku Channel? Also, as a workaround, would you mind connecting this device to a mobile hotspot or any alternative network?

Please inform us of your findings.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KLKMX
Reel Rookie

hi there, thanks for the reply. i don't have another network, i am afraid? i am not sure how or why I would? 

the other channels mostly work (Tubi, Weather, some CBC Gem, Netflix (with my subscription) but nothing that is on the guide or ANY Roku offering works. 

thanks for continuing to try to help. 

Kristen 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @KLKMX,

Thanks for the post,

We would be happy to investigate further, but we need further details.

• How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via a wired or wireless connection?
  • Can your other devices connect to the network without any issues or latency?

Please be advised not to turn off any VPN you may have to see if it fixes the issue.

Thanks,

Arjiemar 

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KLKMX
Reel Rookie

Thank you Arjiemar 

• How are you trying to connect to your network? Is it via a wired or wireless connection?  We have Starlink, and are connected wirelessly. The TV hasn't had any difficulty connecting, as mentioned, we can play other channels that came with the Roku TV and netflix on the TV with no difficulty 
  • Can your other devices connect to the network without any issues or latency? Yes, all phones, my work (Canada based) laptop,  iPad, etc. are fine. 

I dont have a VPN.  

thanks for your help, 

Kristen 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@KLKMX,

May we ask where you are located right now? You mentioned you are using Starlink in Mexico.

The Roku Channel is only available on your Roku streaming player or Roku TV™ in Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KLKMX
Reel Rookie

if this is true, then why do you sell it in Mexico, and not make this very clear before someone invests in it, thinking its a viable option? that is incredibly frustrating information.  so i have no options then? 

K

0 Kudos