Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quadgnim
Reel Rookie

Roku volume is suddently very low on every app

I have 2 new roku ultra devices purchased direct from roku 12/2023.  They are connected via HDMI high quality 8k rated cables on two different TV's.  Neither TV uses a soundbar or external devices.

Until 2-4 weeks ago everything has been fine, but something seems to have changed.  I went from needing my volume at 20-25% to now needing it at 75-90% to hear it the same.  I thought at first the TV was failing but its happening on two different TV's.

Then I tried local apps on the one TV that is internet ready, and the native apps work fine with the volume back to 20-25%.  But as soon as I go to Roku I need the volume back at 80%+  The quality is fine, but I have to really crank the TV.  This was NOT the case a few weeks ago, and nothing physical has changed.

I tried rebooting both the Roku and TV as described in other posts, and even pulled the power for 30 minutes, but still hasn't resolved the issue.

If I connect the earbuds to the remote, the volume is quite comfortable back at 20-25%

This is on two different TV's, and the issue started around the same time, within the last 2-4 weeks. 

The Roku reports the last software update was in Jan, and performing a manual "update now" doesn't find any updates to apply

This is VERY frustrating

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku volume is suddently very low on every app

Hi @quadgnim,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the volume in every app using your Roku Ultra, and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken to try to resolve this issue. If you are experiencing audio issues with your Roku Ultra across all channels, here are a few things you can try:

• Check Audio Settings: Check the audio settings on your Roku Ultra to make sure they are set up correctly. You can do this by going to Settings > Audio. Ensure that the audio output is set to your desired device (TV, soundbar, etc.) and that the audio mode is set to "Auto" or the recommended audio format for your setup.
  • Check Device Connection: If you are using an external audio device, such as a soundbar or receiver, make sure it is properly connected to your Roku Ultra. Check all cables and ensure they are securely plugged in. Try swapping out cables or testing with another audio device to isolate the issue.
  • Restart Roku Ultra: Restarting your Roku Ultra may resolve any audio issues you are experiencing. You can do this by going to Settings > System > System Restart.
  • Check Channel-Specific Audio Settings: Some channels may have their own audio settings that could be affecting the audio output on your Roku Ultra. Check the audio settings within each channel to ensure they are configured correctly.
  • Check for Software Updates: Ensure that your Roku Ultra is running the latest software updates. You can check for updates by going to Settings > System > System Update.

We hope it helps. We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
quadgnim
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku volume is suddently very low on every app

Yes, it's all been and still at factory defaults.  There's no soundbar. it's just hdmi from roku to tv, that's it. Everything is factory default 

0 Kudos