Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Equake
Reel Rookie

Roku ultra flickering screen

I purchased a new ROKU Ultra recently to use in my new very high end theater system. All other boxes, AppleTV, etc. work great. When I startup my ROKU the screen is flickering and does not stop. I’ve tried everything I could think of and finally changed the resolution from Autodetect which was 4k HDR… the top display choice. I tried each other resolution and none worked until I tried plain old 4k. It has a beautiful clear picture. The autodetect was correct however, projector an d processor are happy with the best possible resolution available on ROKU. So, I am forced to accept a resolution that doesn’t take advantage of the best picture choice, but it also defaults back to Autodetect which chooses the right resolution, but it flickers like crazy.

What do I do to fix this. The geniuses at ROKU told me to call MadVR and ask them, that it is not a ROKU issue. 

I am working on this but somehow I think it is a ROKU issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku ultra flickering screen

Hi @Equake,

Thanks for taking your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Also, thanks for the troubleshooting steps you've performed in trying to resolve the issue. We would like to know how to identify and resolve this issue. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• Does the issue occur on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device? Or is the screen flickering even on the home screen?
  • Does it happen only when you start and stop playback of a video?
  • Have you tried connecting your Roku Ultra to another device to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?
  • Have you tried restarting your Roku device? To restart, go to Settings>System>Power>System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos