Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chall409
Reel Rookie

Roku streaming stick and no signal on tv

Jump to solution

I have the roku streaming stick that comes with the voice remote. Its fairly new and i have a fairly new samsung smart tv. It has worked fine for basically a year and now all of the sudden it says no signal on my tv. Ive tried everything like switching hdmi ports, unplugging it for a minute and plugging it back in, turning my tv on and off and nothing is working. No matter what i do it says no signal. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku streaming stick and no signal on tv

Jump to solution

Does any light on the stick come on?  Are you using the TV's USB port or the supplied power adapter?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

The only other things I could suggest are to try it on another TV if you can and/or try another USB power adapter like one for a phone or tablet.  The fine print on the power adapter should state that it supplies 1 Amp or more.  Beyond that, you probably need to look into a warranty return if it's still covered.

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

One other thing I just thought of - unplug the power from the TV for a few minutes and then plug it back in.  I've seen HDMI problems cleared up by doing that.  Just turning a TV off and on doesn't really reset it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim

Jump to solution

Does any light on the stick come on?  Are you using the TV's USB port or the supplied power adapter?

0 Kudos
Chall409
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The light comes on for a minute then blinks then goes off. I am using everything that came with the roku nothing that doesnt belong the the roku

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

The only other things I could suggest are to try it on another TV if you can and/or try another USB power adapter like one for a phone or tablet.  The fine print on the power adapter should state that it supplies 1 Amp or more.  Beyond that, you probably need to look into a warranty return if it's still covered.

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

One other thing I just thought of - unplug the power from the TV for a few minutes and then plug it back in.  I've seen HDMI problems cleared up by doing that.  Just turning a TV off and on doesn't really reset it.

0 Kudos