Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nostratic
Reel Rookie

Roku stick shows jumping logo but no display afterwards

As of yesterday, December 6, my Roku Express 4k+ 2021 stick will not display anything. Specifically, the purple LED light is on and the jumping logo shows up but as soon as the logo stops the display drops and I don't see the device in my TV's input list. So it's not a black screen, the device itself doesn't show up after the jumping logo. The led light is still on.

I've reconnected all cables.

I tried to reset the device by pressing and holding the button for 40 seconds but nothing happens.

Can someone help please?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku stick shows jumping logo but no display afterwards

@Nostratic wrote:

I tried to reset the device by pressing and holding the button for 40 seconds but nothing happens.

Just to be sure...  Did you press the pairing button on the remote, or the reset button on the device itself?  To do a factory reset, the one on the device is the one you want.  While the unit is powered up, press and hold it for at least 30 seconds.

And just an aside:  The term "stick" is normally applied only to Roku Streaming Stick models.  These have an HDMI male plug on one that can plug directly into the HDMI socket on a TV without using an HDMI cord.  Roku Streaming Sticks look something like this:Roku_streaming_stick.jpgTo avoid confusion when seeking help, it's best to refer to your Express as a Roku "device" instead of a Roku "stick", as the distinction between a device and a stick can sometimes be important when solving problems.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Nostratic
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku stick shows jumping logo but no display afterwards

Thank you for the clarification. Mine connects to the TV with an HDMI cable. So it's a device as you guessed.

To reset, I pressed and held the button the device itself. I'm not sure if an update broke it or if it's a faulty device issue. 

0 Kudos