Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasH22
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku smart tv going black screen with sound when using disneyplus

i try all that only way mine stop messing up i change the sitting i had in the tv brightness settings i was using the brighter and change it to bright and it stop going black no clue why that stop it but it did

0 Kudos
Techandteacher
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the heads up. Preformed the cache clear twice still having the issue.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Techandteacher,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried reaching out to Disney+? The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel might need to be addressed with an update from them. You can reach them here.
Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help you.
All the best,
Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Stefeire

I just followed the steps to remove the app, restart, and reinstall and that seems to have fixed it on our Roku TV. 👍

0 Kudos
bluefunoodle311
Reel Rookie

Been having the same issue for over a year now. Previously, I was able to fix it using the cache reset trick, but now it's a persistent problem even after uninstalling/reinstalling the app multiple times. Very frustrating to not be able to use the autoplay feature as expected.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @bluefunoodle311 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community. 

We appreciate you for flagging this to us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. As a start, we'd like to ask for a few more things.

• Is this issue happening to Disney+ only or are other channels also affected?
  • What Roku device you are having issues with, and what is its Roku OS version?
  • When did you first encounter the problem?

With more details, the better we can assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rjreilly

I have this exact issue, 75 inch TCL Roku TV 75R635.

Only certain shows seem to trigger this on the Disney Plus app. 

An episode will end, then the screen goes blank but you can see the loading circle and the skip into button. You have to blackout and restart the episode and all is well.

I have done everything, cleared cache, logged out of app and reinstalled, factory reset the TV, none of them fix this issue.

This is incredibly frustrating.

I believe it has something to do with the next episode loading while the current one has shrunk screen size while showing credits. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rjreilly,

Welcome to the Roku Community!
After attempting the troubleshooting steps and videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developers themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please keep us posted.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos