Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku not showing video but closed caption shows and title and volume works

My Roku is not playing any video but plays the sound and shows the title and closed captions and it’s on all apps the Home Screen shows up in able to go threw and pick a movie on the apps but it won’t play the video I’ve unplugged and left unplugged for several minutes I also restarted it threw the settings unplugged and blew out the ports I followed the instructions on going to the setting and checking the display. I can’t figure it out anyone know what to do? It was working this morning then it just stopped 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1

Re: Roku not showing video but closed caption shows and title and volume works

@MikaylaviernesPlay Mahjongg Solitaire wrote:

My Roku is not playing any video but plays the sound and shows the title and closed captions and it’s on all apps the Home Screen shows up in able to go threw and pick a movie on the apps but it won’t play the video I’ve unplugged and left unplugged for several minutes I also restarted it threw the settings unplugged and blew out the ports I followed the instructions on going to the setting and checking the display. I can’t figure it out anyone know what to do? It was working this morning then it just stopped 

Hello, @Mikaylaviernes 

You’re experiencing a common issue with Roku devices where the video isn’t displaying, but the audio and subtitles are working fine. Since you’ve already tried restarting the device and checking the display settings, here are a few additional steps you can take:

Check HDMI Connection: Ensure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the Roku device and your TV. If possible, try a different HDMI cable or port on your TV to rule out a connection issue.
Adjust Display Settings: Go to the Roku settings and adjust the display type. Sometimes setting the display type to “Auto Detect” can resolve these issues.
System Update: Check if there’s a system update available for your Roku device. Go to Settings > System > System update > Check now to update your device.
Factory Reset: If none of the above solutions work, you might consider performing a factory reset. Keep in mind this will erase all your settings and you’ll have to set up your Roku again. To do this, go to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset.

I hope my suggestion is helpful for you.

Best Regard,
patrick521f

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.