Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Areca
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku “not connected”, remote not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

My Roku Streaming Stick 4K suddenly stopped working.  "Not Connected" appears in upper right corner of screen.  Roku remote control works for power and volume buttons but none of the other buttons work.  I changed batteries but remote is not the problem.  Computer graphics friend whose family all use Roku tried to fix problem without success.  He tried to access "Settings" using his iPhone, but it didn't work.  He tried unplugging then re-plugging Streaming Stick into TV, but it didn't work.  Stick feels hot.

Please help.  I suspect Streaming Stick is malfunctioning.  How can I get replacement?  Thank you. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Areca, what is the model number of the stick written on it somewhere?  If it's a model that has the Wi-Fi module in the USB cable then you must use that cable and they do occasionally fail.  Try pairing the remote again:  disconnect the power from the stick, press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote or inside the battery compartment (or press and hold both the Home and Back buttons at the same time) until the light starts flashing, place the remote down next to the stick, and connect the power to the stick.

If it fails to pair and it's still under warranty:
Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Areca
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you @renojim

There is a model number written on the stick.  It's only a few months old.  I followed your advice disconnecting the power from Stick then reconnected Stick in HDM2 plug.  Remote now works!  I didn't need to pair remote again TG.  

Thanks a million @renojim !!!

0 Kudos