Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n4idaham
Channel Surfer

Roku keeps returning to home page

I have a Roku model 3931X that keep reverting back to home page.

The frequency is very erratic and unpredictable. Almost moody. All channels seem to be effected. I have tried all the usual options, POR, check for new firmware. Totally un-cabled the streamer then reconnect, covered the Roku with a bowl and hid remote in another room, etc.

Sometimes we can go days without it occurring. Today it's doing it every 5 to 15 minutes. I have not tried the delete channel(s) yet as it seems from everyone else experience it does not work.

I/we anxiously await your reply.

Al Harper

10 REPLIES 10
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku keeps returning to home page

Hello @n4idaham 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you tell us how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
n4idaham
Channel Surfer

Well standby. I thought it was on its own wall power and almost blindly was going to say so. But decided to play it safe and check. It was plugged into the SONY TV's USB jack. So I got the 110VAC USB adapter and switched over to it. I'll update you in a couple of weeks or less (if there is another hiccup)  , whichever happens first.

Thanks Al Harper

DB15

Mine is plugged into wall outlet and I have this same problem.

I think Roku should have a phone number where people can call for help. This is stupid and not helpful at all!

I need problem solving solutions not tips and tricks.

Watching apps on Roku worked and now they kick out constantly. Roku knows this and is not available to help. Spectrum won't help cause they say it's Roku. I'm sock of yall playing games and canceling services or wanting more money and no additional support. Whatever the app is they will blame the internet or the TV or the Roku. 

I want to go back to DVD and antennas because at least then I could watch TV and not spend hours trying to find a dang 800number for a human being to help! Yall make enough money to have CSR available from the United States! 

Someone please call me 912.224.1886 

If I was a techie I would already know the problem.but I'm not...just want to have shows we pay for to play on the internet we pay for with the Roku we pay for on the remotes we pay for.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @DB15 

Thanks for the post.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
n4idaham
Channel Surfer

The Roku is on it's separate provided power supply and is still resetting back to home page.
Additionally and as weird as it sounds horizontal sync seems to be loosing it.
Yea I know, only the old TV's do that. Well not true. That's exactly what it looks like.

Al Harper

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @n4idaham 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Could you tell us more about your concern? Are you experiencing the issue on a Roku TV? Please also reply here with the information asked above so we can assist you further.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
n4idaham
Channel Surfer

No. Read my first post. The model # is shown there.

Al

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@n4idaham 

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. 

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. Once we have it, we'll forward it to our support team for assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
n4idaham
Channel Surfer

Serial number is:

S012306CE5TR

0 Kudos