Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jnjaz
Reel Rookie

Roku keeps losing sound every 20 min or so

I have had roku now for about six months.  Recently it has started losing sound.  The video is playing fine, but with no sound.   This happens on FuboTV, Paramount+.   I have checked to make sure the software is up to date. Current version is 10.5.0, build 4208.  I have a LG OLED TV which works fine if I don’t use the roku for streaming services.  I have seen a lot of other posts about this problem and yes, restarting roku is the only thing that works.   This is VERY annoying.  What is a fix for this issue?   Please advise.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Roku keeps losing sound every 20 min or so

A lot of other posts? Can you please provide more information such as your Roku model number?

0 Kudos
jnjaz
Reel Rookie

The model of the roku box is 4800X

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@jnjaz 

The Power Saving feature introduced to the newer generation of Roku devices in OS 10.5 has created some unexplained issues for users.

Try disabling this feature in Settings/System/Power/Auto Power Savings 20min (uncheck to disable).

If nothing else, will at least eliminate this as a potential culprit.

Feel free to post back with an update or if you need more help.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos