Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omahfolsom

Roku keeps going to home screen while watching

I am and have been using a Roku device with my Vizio TV.   It is plugged into the wall using Roku provided connections.  It is happening with all channels after just a couple minutes of viewing.

41 REPLIES 41

Re: Roku keeps going to home screen while watching

I also am experiencing same issue. There are several post concerning this issue. Roku currently has no solution nor reason why it does this. It’s frustrating and disappointing. 

0 Kudos
kbmartin95

I am having same trouble since yesterday 5/21. When I go to re turn tv on through app on my phone, device has ? as the picture and not the tv. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @omahfolsom @Sincereloyal198 @kbmartin95 

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We value the information you gave us regarding your Roku device viewing experience.

We would like to gather more details so we can better identify the issue you're experiencing.

Please provide this information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
• Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
• Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
2thDK
Channel Surfer

My Roku Express is exhibiting the same problem after anywhere from 15 minutes to one hour it stops streaming and reverts to the Home Screen. Several channels same problem

0 Kudos
2thDK
Channel Surfer

Model 3930CA -Roku Express

Serial # X004006VD8W3

0 Kudos
2thDK
Channel Surfer

Software Version 12.0.0 . Build 4184-AE

0 Kudos
2thDK
Channel Surfer

VMedia

Version 3.6. . Build 811

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @2thDK,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are having an issue with Roku Express crashing to the home screen. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue but we need more details.

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • How are you powering the Roku device?
  • Have you tried plugging the Roku device into a different HDMI port on your TV or a different TV, just to test and isolate the issue?
  • Can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
getz

I am having the same problem.   I think a fire stick may be better.  was going to upgrade my roku, but there's NO support for this issue and I've wasted enough of my time re loading the show I'm trying to watch.