Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Millscman612
Reel Rookie

Roku keeps freezing and restarting

Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)

About two weeks ago, my roku express stopped connecting to the WiFi. I restarted it, tried to update it, factory reset it, tried it on a different WiFi source, and had the internet provider set up a separate 2.4 GHz connection. It now connects to the internet without any issues, but it keeps restarting. I turn it on and it stays on for about a minute, then it freezes and restarts. No matter what I do, it continues to do this. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku keeps freezing and restarting

Hi @Millscman612,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Millscman612
Reel Rookie

It's plugged directly into the wall with the provided cables and box. Yes, I've tried plugging it into different HDMI ports, and I've tried plugging it into two TV's. I tried factory resetting it on both of the TV's, and it let me set up the roku without any issues on the second TV, but as soon as I finished setting it up, it started freezing and restarting again. It kept freezing and restarting when I did the factory reset on the first TV, the one I normally use. I have access to a third TV I can try it on.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Millscman612,

Thanks for the quick response.

If the issue remains unresolved, kindly provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About?

I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Millscman612
Reel Rookie

Serial number: X00400U0G72J (S00820C0G72J)

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Millscman612,

Thanks for reaching out and providing me with your information.
I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos