Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenfavry

Roku isn’t working, apps are not loading

None of my apps are connecting. Internet is fine. Unplugged and replugged, same for roku. Deleted and reinstalled apps. Everyone else is having same issues, clearly roku issues. So when is this going to get resolved cause im about to switch to someone who does work or wants to resolve the issues from the last update. 

2 REPLIES 2
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku isn’t working, apps are not loading

Greeting @Jenfavry

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about the playback issue you are experiencing with the channels on your Roku device. May we ask do you remember getting an error message or code? And we want to check the basic for us to isolate the problem. If you cannot play titles from any streaming channel, check the status of the network connection by going to Settings > Network > About.

After confirming your Roku device is connected, select Check connection to perform a test of your network and internet connection. For help understanding the results and how they can help troubleshoot playback issues, review the detailed article about the connection check.

If the playback issue continues, restart your router and your Roku device. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku isn’t working, apps are not loading

@Jenfavry the very first thing you need to provide is the model number of your Roku. Just saying Roku or a model name doesn't help. Without knowing the exact model number, we are all just guessing at any possible solution. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos