Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
570s
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku has to be unplugged from power each time I use it

I regretfully report it did not rectify the situation once I got the TV to turn on and then paired the new remote all controls worked well turned off the TV turned on the TV but only that one time back to unplugging everything from the wall I would gladly send this unit to you if in anyway it can help the research on  the problem 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @570s,

Thank you for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We would like to investigate further more with this issue that you're experiencing. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

Good evening I will take a video when I shut the TV down and try to restart it again while it’s running I do not want to do that because it could take a little while and at this time it would be very inconvenient And annoying thank you for the reply as always, I will get back ASAP.

0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

I’m not sure where the pictures got cut off at

0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

in the video. I am watching the TV then turning it back to home screen and then turning off the TV and trying to turn it back on several times with the remote then trying to turn on the TV manually several times and now having to unplug the TV from the wall, and the Roku from the wall and waiting anywhere from five minutes to 20 minutes now and it can go anywhere from 1 to 5 times this far. The video did not download so I took pics from it hopefully they downloaded with this message note the green light is on the remote responding from the command the white light is on the Roku showing power but tv is not on

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @570s,

Thank you for keeping us informed here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to get the serial number of your Roku device by going to settings, system, and about.

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

serial number X02200LA764F

model 3941X2 Roku express 4K+

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@570s,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for this information. 

Do you have another TV that we can try to hook up to this device and then try again to see if that makes a difference?

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

No I only have this Samsung and Roku Hisense tv

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@570s,

Thanks for the update!

I have passed this along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. I'll get back to you with an update.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos