Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
570s
Binge Watcher

Roku has to be unplugged from power each time I use it

It worked fine at first now I’m even having to unplug the TV along with the Roku now for it to work and sometimes I have to do it two or three times unplug it and plug it back in. The remote turns it off but won’t turn on now What is the problem 4K express 

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku has to be unplugged from power each time I use it

Hi, @570s 

Warm greetings from the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you've encountered with your Roku device. May we know how are you powering your Roku device and your TV? Is it through a power strip or directly to a power outlet? Also, have you tried changing the batteries on your Roku remote to see if it's able to turn your Roku device on?

Please keep us posted, and we'll assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

Hey Takashi, thank you for the reply. I am powering both directly into the wall and have changed the batteries I can turn the TV off with the Roku remote but when returning to turn it back on it does not work. I have put the Roku back on home screen before shutting the TV off that didn’t work. Try going into the settings that didn’t work last night. I had to unplug it three times in a row obviously because the first time it didn’t turn on or the second each time waiting at least 30 seconds or longer mind you that I’m having to turn on tv manually not the remote from Roku each time 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@570s,

Thanks for keeping us updated!

We'll share this with our Support team for further assistance and also send you a PM for more information.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

This is totally unacceptable.every time whether it once or ten times I shouldn’t have to unplug and Waite this time it took three times and on the third time I had to press the tv on button three times for it to come on and why doesn’t the factory tv remote work with the Roku hooked up 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @570s,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We appreciate you for reporting back to us and we'd like to know if you have received the replacement and still experiencing the same issue.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

GA Rey, I have not received anything thus far still working with the same unit 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @570s,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We understand you're having a problem with powering your Roku device. We'll be glad to assist. Kindly check out this support article on what to do if your Roku streaming player will not power on and be sure to try the troubleshooting steps provided.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

it has nothing to do with powering it is plugged into the wall unit. The white light comes on. It is not turning the TV on. I have to unplug the TV and the Roku several times now don’t know if it’s getting worse. Don’t know if it’s going to affect my TV But it doesn’t work the first time second time third time but you have to unplug the Roku from the wall plug the TV from the wall. Wait a substantial amount of time plug. Everything back in the TV will not power on by the Roku remote I have to use the TV button itself and sometimes I have to press it several times batteries are good in the remote as well

0 Kudos
570s
Binge Watcher

Pkg received, but now the funny thing is, I am on my fifth time unplugging, and waiting in the TV and Roku will not come on so once I can get the TV to turn on. I will let you know if it remedies the problem

0 Kudos