Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girdo331

Roku frozen on home page

My roku is frozen on the home page. Will not move to select a channel. Also it keeps shutting off

0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku

@girdo331 

Thanks the note.

It's hard to determine if the issue that you are currently having is with your device or with your remote.

Have you tried connecting to your device through the Roku mobile app to see if you can control your device? If you can control the device with the mobile app, then the issue is with the remote.

For more information about the Roku mobile app and troubleshooting your remote, visit our Support pages here: 
How do I install the Roku® mobile app?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku stuck on Home Screen

one of my 4 Roku devices (4k+)  is frozen on the Roku Home Screen tried everything I’ve read no luck in in freezing

very disappointed that Roku does not have tech support 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Mjbeauc, what's the model number written on the device somewhere?

What do you mean by "frozen on the Roku Home Screen"?  The remote isn't working?  Have you restarted the Roku by disconnecting the power for a few seconds and plugging it back in?  Are you using the supplied power adapter and not the TV's USB port (if appropriate)?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Have unplugged - reset - unplugged all connections and power to tv Multiple times 

when it’s come on it’s stuck on the opening roku page with the roku image constantly fading in and out with the roku sound - remote will turn the tv on and off and adjust the volume but no other functions - have changes the batteries 

0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Meant to mention it’s plugged into a wall outlet

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mjbeauc,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? How long has the issue been occurring? Have you tried rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Can not get pass the Roku log in screen home aside from the volume pushing any of the other remote buttons does not change the stick Roku Home Screen 
Yes I’ve tried everything related to resetting…..no issues with any of the other three roku units or other device connectivity 

Mike 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mjbeauc,

Thanks for following up.

We also recommend removing and reinserting the batteries of the remote then removing the power cable from your Roku device, waiting 5 seconds, and then reconnecting the cable if this helps resolve or isolate the issue from the Roku device to the Roku remote?

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Mjbeauc
Binge Watcher

Hi mary

had already tried what you suggested but went out and brought new batteries and replaced them and unplugged the unit

still stuck on the bouncing roku home page 

0 Kudos