Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kevinb2024

Roku freezes on one commercial every time it airs

note to the roku programmers. your recent commercial for the spiderwick chronicles freezes my tv.  I dont know if anyone else is experiencing a similar issue. I am getting tired of having to reset my system because this one commercial locks it every time you air it. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku freezes on one commercial every time it airs

Hi, @kevinb2024 

Sending our warmest welcomes here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry to hear about the troubles. We'd like to gather more details regarding the issue so we can assist better. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Is this happening to Live TV Channels or On-Demand content on The Roku Channel?
  • When did you first encounter the issue?
  • What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

With the detailed information we receive, we'll be able to understand the issue further and assist you accordingly.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mi6

As it is abolutly impossible to contact roku about thier screwups I'll post it here.  Eveytime you show an ad for the spiderwick chronicles it lock up your channels.  You have to go to network tv and then come back again.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Mi6

Greetings, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We sincerely appreciate you for sharing the issue you've encountered to us, and we're sorry to hear about the troubles. We'd like to investigate this issue further so this can be addressed. Kindly provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we will be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Actions will be taken to resolve this issue.

We hope for your response.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mjbarnes
Channel Surfer

This also happens to me, freezes when the kids are running in the Spiderwick commercial. Have to restart episode, and it will often re-trigger the commercial break again, and that commercial will repeat and crash again, so I have to restart several times.

Samsung TV, on demand streaming (not live) using the Roku app.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Mjbarnes,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem streaming on The Roku Channel after a specific commercial. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. Kindly try removing the app, restarting your Samsung TV, and re-adding the app to see if it fixes the issue.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                            Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos