Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: Roku freezes every few minutes

Is that basic Hulu or Hulu Plus Live TV?

0 Kudos
Inga2go

I'm using the Roku app on a Samsung TV and the constant freezing everytime I stream a program on the app is very annoying!! 

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Buy a Roku. Apps integrated into TVs suck.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Inga2go,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your Roku app. We're pleased to assist.

• Is this the first time you have experienced this issue? 
  • What do you see on your screen when trying to play content?
  • Did removing the channel, restarting the player, and then adding the channel again resolve the issue?

Please keep us posted on what you find out; we will happily continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@RokuArjiemar I'm experiencing these freezes (at every commercial break), and constant buffering, while watching via my computer, not on a TV. Why is this so difficult to have work well? It's definitely not my computer, as no issues with any other streaming, and I have a very fast WiFi connection. So why is this ongoing dysfunction happening?

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Get a faster computer.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@JohnCap523  I guess you didn't actually read anything I wrote. My computer is fine, I have plenty of memory, very fast WiFi, and don't have these kinds of issues streaming videos on YouTube, & many other streaming sites...

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

YouTube videos are not live streaming. Live streaming is much more resource intense. Have you streamed another live source like NBC or a sporting event on Apple or Prime? The vast majority of video controllers in standard PCs are too slow for live streaming.

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@JohnCap523  Yes, I stream on live channels every day, and have no issues doing so. I'm on an iMac, which is pretty powerful, with lots of RAM (64GB), and as I've said, no issues streaming anything but Roku.... And Roku insists on showing captions, even when I have that option turned off.

0 Kudos