Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barrynof

YouTube TV video freezes Roku streaming stick 4K

I recently purchased a Roku Streaming Stick 4K and I noticed that the video feed freezes while I am watching YouTube TV. At first, I noticed it happening after I had tried to fast forward through commercials. Resetting the device helps. However, this happened about every other day. It occurred to me that it might be happening due to the way that I shut off the device. So, instead of just hitting the power button to completely shut everything down, I hit the home button and then shut it off. That wasn't the issue, because the video feed froze again today while I was watching YouTube TV again. I reset the stick again and it works fine now. I would appreciate any assistance I could get to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
HarveyDog
Binge Watcher

Re: Recordings freezing up when trying to fast forward through commercials

I tried the solutions mentioned by Adam100 and Rickf1508.  Neither worked for me.

0 Kudos
DsStreamer

Re: Recordings freezing up when trying to fast forward through commercia

Roku device model code- 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Software version 11.5.0 build 4235 last updated 10/26/22

Paramount Plus Issues! All TVs

We have been trying to watch Season 1 of 1883. It has stopped on all episodes. It will come to the advertisements and not play them. It will go back to resume/restart but not continue. Will give error messages :
unfortunately an error occurred during playback. Please try again.
Having issues watching the Good Fight - season 6 E5.
Have not been watching much else. We just started with paramount plus recently.

Another TV —Onn model 100097810, 11.5.0, build 4316-EG
having same issues. 
I have contacted Paramount Plus and our internet provider…..reinstalling App does not help.
no issues on IPad just TV’s where Roku is installed.

please help!!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Recordings freezing up when trying to fast forward through commercials

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue reported in this thread.

At this time, we would recommend checking for a manual OS update and then seeing if the issue continues to occur.

For more detailed information about how to check for a manual OS update, visit our Support page here: Update the software on your streaming devices

If you are still experiencing an issue, please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos