Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
terster1
Channel Surfer

Roku express will only play for 3 minutes then stops

I'm now having the exact same issue. Did you ever get help or find a fix? Thanks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku express will only play for 3 minutes then stops

Hi @terster1,

Thanks for reaching out regarding this concern.

Can you specify which channels are experiencing the kickback to your home screen during streaming? Are there any error messages? For playback issues with channels on Roku devices, you can check for possible troubleshooting steps in this article on how to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us informed so we can continue assisting.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
finity69x2
Reel Rookie

It's been a while but I think it was because the roku wasn't getting any feedback from the tv that it was playing so it timed out.

I dint remember what the solution was tho. It was either a problem with the hdmi cable or there was a setting somewhere in the roku to not check for the cec signal. I'm leaning toward it being a setting tho.

0 Kudos
Dassi
Reel Rookie

I had this 3-minute problem for days! It happened on every app we tried to stream. Fixed it by checking each app for updates and deleting all the apps we were not using. 

0 Kudos
cas3

Resetting wireless settings resolved my issue.

0 Kudos