Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Breunnab2

Roku express sound but no picture

So I have a Roku device and today I was randomly watching tv I went to go do something and when I came back my tv was pitch black but it was still sound. I don’t know what to do, I have turned the tv off unplugged everything and nothing seems to work. Please help

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express sound but no picture

Hi @Breunnab2

Thank you for the inquiry!

If your Roku Express is producing sound but no picture, here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

• Check the connections: Ensure that the HDMI cable is securely connected to both the Roku Express and the TV. Try unplugging and then re-plugging the HDMI cable to make sure it is properly seated.
  • Check the TV input: Make sure that the TV input is set to the correct HDMI input that the Roku Express is connected to.
  • Restart the Roku: Unplug the power cord from the Roku Express and wait for a few seconds before plugging it back in. Then turn the TV and Roku back on and see if the picture returns.
  • Try a different HDMI cable or TV: If you have another HDMI cable or TV available, try connecting the Roku Express to them to see if it works. This can help you determine whether the issue is with the Roku Express, the HDMI cable, or the TV.
  • Reset the Roku: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting the Roku to its factory settings. To do this, go to Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset. Note that this will erase all of your Roku settings and data.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos