Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harrisco2
Channel Surfer

Roku express does not stream Acorn tv

Jump to solution

My roku express can’t stream acorn tv without returning to Home Screen after 30 seconds.  Acorn tv works on all other tvs in the house.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku express does not stream Acorn tv

Jump to solution

@Harrisco2

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Acorn TV Support here.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
randyr5

Jump to solution

I had the same problem. Acorn would play for a few seconds and then go back to the Roku home screen. I figured out that Acorn did not like the Roku "Display" setting (in settings) set to "Auto". I changed it to "4K HDR TV" and now Acorn works.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Harrisco2

Thanks for the post.

Firstly, how are you accessing Acorn TV? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone one? Have you tried any troubleshooting? Please let us now. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Harrisco2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I use roku express to access acorn tv on a Samsung smart tv.  I’ve done everything a multitude of times: removed channel, restarted roku, restarted router, cleaned cache.  I can watch acorn tv as an app on my tv, but it is inconvenient to have to toggle back and forth, but that does work.  My other tvs in the house also work with various older versions of roku, but I can watch acorn tv on three of them. I removed the channel from one of them. I contacted Acorn, but have not heard back.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Harrisco2

Thanks for the response.

Could you reply here with a photo of the affected Acorn TV channel from your home screen before you try to launch it? I'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Harrisco2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

56650C2D-F141-4065-966D-8AB2EF657424.jpeg

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Harrisco2

Appreciate the prompt response.

Have you checked other channels installed on your Roku Express if the same issue occurs? Also, how are you powering your Roku device? Is it connected to the USB port of the TV or to a wall outlet? 

In some cases, the USB power provided by the TV is not sufficient to power the device. Even though your Roku device may appear to be working, running with insufficient power can lead to instability, crashing, and other unpredictable behavior. Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall.

Keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Harrisco2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Other channels do work. My roku is powered thru a wall outlet.

0 Kudos
Harrisco2
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve also removed the batteries, repaired with tv.  I removed some channels thinking I had too many channels. ???

0 Kudos
Donp48809

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Harrisco2

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. 

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can reach Acorn TV Support here.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos