Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IDMT

Roku device won't stay on

just started today, My roku will not stay on -- I unplugged from the power source for the 10 second specified time, the unit tries to start up the wite lite stays on for about 10 seconds - then flashes quickily then shuts off - tried the reset with the remote -- does the same -- lite on for a few, then flashes quickly and shuts off -- even tried the Button reset - still the same -- what more to do???

0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku device won't stay on

What's the model number written on the device?  If it's a model that uses a USB cable for power is the power source the supplied power adapter or the TV's USB port?  If not, try the supplied power adapter.  If so, do you have another one from a phone or tablet you can try?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Chseattle

I have the same issue. My Roku box wont stay on. The HDMI is plugged into the back of the TV. I dont recall getting another cable. Any other suggestion? Thank you

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Chseattle

Thanks for the post.

For clarification, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tkay64

Have this same peoblem & is plugged in to the wall. White light comes on then flashes & turns off.  my TV screen is Black & says no signal. I have unplugged TV & Roku for over a minute. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @tkay64

I hope you're doing well.

Could you try using a different USB cable and/or USB power adaptor to see if that will make a difference? Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mkup
Reel Rookie

Same problem. Turns out the router just needed to be restarted. Problem solved.

TV says NO SIGNAL. Light on Roku device is off. I turned off TV and Roku device. After turning back on, light flashed but wouldn't stay on. Then I swapped out the Roku device from bedroom to the living room - same problem. Then I went to Target and bought another Roku device. Same problem. And to make matters worse, the bedroom Roku also wouldn't work. Then I powered off both TVs and powered off the router, waited 30 seconds, then powered the router back on. Once I saw internet connectivity on my PC, I powered the TV and Roku device back on.  Everything is working again. 🙂

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @mkup

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. 

We apologize for the inconvenience you have gone through. And we express our gratitude for your effort in resolving the issue. This will help other users to try to resolve the same problem. We're glad that the matter has been resolved. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is any further assistance we may provide for you.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
BendieB

Thia problem (light flickers on for about 10 secs, flashes then turns off) developed on our Roku Ultra and have not been able to make it work since.  It had been working fine for over a year.  I have tried unplugging both Roku and router but it still is acting the same.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @BendieB

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you try using a different power cord and adapter? Let's see if that will make a difference. Please also reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found at the back or underneath the player itself.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Regards,
Karla