Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WBWhite
Reel Rookie

Roku device not connected to TV

My TV is displaying a message that the Roku is no longer  connected to the HMDI connection, however, the program is still streaming in the background. This has been happening periodically for the last 3 to 4 months. Of late, I have experienced a couple of screen freezes. My WiFi availability in the room is excellent regardless of whether it is 2.4g or 5g. The device is connected to direct power. I have been able to remove the message by turning the TV off and then back on.

Device Info: 

Model: 3810X - Roku Streaming Stick+

Serial # YH002V407589

Software build: 12.5.0 build 4148-50

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device not connected to TV

Hi @WBWhite,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried using an HDMI cable to see if the same error message occurs? What have you done so far to sort out this concern? A photo of the said issue would help us understand this better.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WBWhite
Reel Rookie

It seems the problem was the HMDI cable I was using to connect the Roku device to the TV. I connected the device directly to the TV and the problem has not reoccured. In fact, the picture quality has improved greatly. After 60 years of working with computers and data transmission  I have never had a data cable wear out due to normal use. I've had problems with power overload and physical stress on the cable, but never from normal use.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @WBWhite

Seeing that the HDMI cable is probably the issue, you can purchase a new replacement for the HDMI cable connected to your TV. Kindly visit USB Power Cable with Long-range Wi-Fi®. This is the cable that is compatible with your Roku Streaming Stick+.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos