Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Madgee71

Roku device freezes every time

I'm having issues with freezing too. At first it was periodically, but now it's ALL THE TIME!!!  I've done all the things everybody else has done to remedy the issue, but nothing works. I'm wondering about the quality that Roku is manufacturing. This is the SECOND tv that has issues!!! I've had my tv just a year and a few days... this is ridiculous  I paid for a warranty , I think I'd like to switch brands.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku freezes every few minutes

Hi @Madgee71,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. May we know what specific Roku device are you having issues with? You can also provide the Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).

Additionally, may we know if this issue is happening while streaming a specific content or channel? Or does it happen randomly?

Please keep us posted as we'd like to assist further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Re: Roku device freezes every time

I’ve got 6 Rokus and not one has frozen in 4 years. You likely have internet issues.

0 Kudos
LH2176
Reel Rookie

I doubt it's internet issues if all my other three work. Something with this Roku specifically on the Roku channel.

I don't think I'm the only one having problems if there's more than 70 people reviewing the post looking for resolution.

No one seems to be able to provide an answer.

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @LH2176,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We have read your concern, and we'd like to provide support with this. Could you please confirm to us what specific Roku device you are having an issue with? Also, when did you first notice this issue start to occur? Did you notice this occur while streaming a specific channel?

In the meantime, we recommend performing a system restart to troubleshoot the issue. To do this, navigate to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart. 

After performing, kindly observe if you notice any improvements.

Please let us know what you find out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@LH2176  The number of people viewing a thread has no bearing on if they're experiencing the same issue. They might be (like me) looking to see if they can offer assistance. 

When one is having an issue with a Roku device, the first and most important piece of information you can provide is the Roku model number. If it's a Roku TV, we need to know who manufactured the TV (there's a dozen different ones). If it's a Roku player, the model number tells us what specific hardware is involved, and potentially if it's an older player that might no longer be supported. People are still using devices that are 10 or more years old, and are surprised to find out that they are no longer supported by Roku or the channel developers. 

The next item that is needed is the version of the Roku operating system the device is using. Roku is currently rolling out OS 12.5, but some devices are still on 12.0. Again, this is a critical piece of information that must be provided. 

One thing that can help Roku troubleshoot an issue is for the user to generate an Issue Report Tracking number. This is done by pressing the Home button on the remote five times quickly, then pressing the Back button five times quickly. A box appears on the screen with the tracking number, along with the device model number, serial number and Roku OS version. Roku technicians can retrieve a file from your device that gives them a wealth of information about the operating parameters of the device when the problem occurred. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos