Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

Roku device freezes. Express 4K+ device

I bought two new 4K+ express and it freezes after I click a video to watch on any given video.  Please explain why factory reset would fix this.  I want details why.  Because a lot of time you guys just tell us anything & 99% of the time it never works and it will be an issue on your end of the app maker's end.  This has been my experience.  So explain please.  I'm not happy that I spent this $$ on ths thing 2 weeks ago and it works WORSE than my 8 year old Roku 3's

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku device freezes. Express 4K+ device

Hi @dragonboots2005,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're here to assist you with your problems streaming your Roku Express 4K+. How are you powering your Roku Express 4K+? We advise that you plug it directly into the outlet and not at the back of the TV or power strip in order to get enough power. Also, please be advised that factory resetting the device is only one of the troubleshooting steps that we can take if all other steps fail and is not a required step. Before we resort to that, you need to restart and check your network connection first. You can try a mobile hotspot or other network internet provider and ensure that it is not very far from the router. Are you getting any error messages or error codes? You can also try to remove the channel, restart the system, and re-add the channel if it's occurring on a specific channel or channels.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

Eunice 

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

It does it on more than 1 app.  No error codes that I have noticed.  I have done the deleting & re-adding app thing & that makes no difference.  The router is only a few feet away and up high and the roku device is not behind the tv or in a cabinet, it's out in the open.  I also have a bedroom roku & it does the same thing.  Signal strength is always good, Inet speed is always good.  I have the Roku setting to 720p because HBOmax/Max has ALWAYS been an issue when set at 1080p(they need better tech ppl at that company).  It has been plugged into a strip outlet with only maybe 2 other things out of the 5 or so outlets.  It seems to happen when I first turn on the tv/roku and happen with the first app I go to and click any video to start playing.  nothing is blocking the remote when I use it.  I have also switched places with the 2 AAA factory batteries it came with just to see if that would make any difference with anything.  There's nothing else to try.  My 8 year old Roku 3's worked better than this!  Help??????

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted @dragonboots2005.

May we know the specific channels you accessed when the issue occurred? In addition, could you please provide us with a video referring to the freezing and lagging issue with your Roku Express 4K+?

This information would help us assess the situation further and proceed to the necessary steps to address this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dragonboots2005
Roku Guru

It's happened on Max and Disney+, maybe others but can't quite remember.  I changed the Disney+ setting to 'moderate' for picture quality(720pm) and I've always had the Roku set on 720p to save on bandwith.  Have not had the issue since last msg on here but who knows if that means it's fixed or not. 

0 Kudos