Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gabe3000
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra video stutter, frequent wifi reconnect

My Ultra device seems to have issues that I can only describe as video stuttering, regardless of which streaming service I use.  The video skips twice, every 2 or so minutes, with about 1 second in-between each stutter.  The audio is unaffected.  This occurs on streaming services such as Paramount Plus, as well as my home Plex server.  No other plex device in my house (and we have several) exhibit the same behavior using the same services.

It also seems to experience brief disconnections from the wireless network, where it suddenly drops connection and then reconnects immediately.  Playback will stop and I have to hit 'back' on the remote and then 'play' again, to make it continue.  I can see its connectivity timer on my router reset back to 0.  My wireless strength is always Excellent, any time I test the connection. 

Is there something wrong with the roku, or is there something that can be fixed aside from a factory reset?  That's been done, trust me.  lol

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra video stutter, frequent wifi reconnect

Hi @gabe3000,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Ultra. We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos