Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra picture quality and heating issues

I recently purchased a Roku Ultra 4802X a few months back and a new LG OLED TV. The Roku was working fine and now I have started to watch the new LOTR"s and GOH. Just recently the Roko has been getting hot and the picture on the TV goes form looking awesome to blurry and will continue doing this until the Roku finally stops playing the content. The Roku never gives any notification that it's hot. I have to either turn off everything and wait for the Roku to cool down or change the content that I am watching to something that is of lower video quality. I have tried moving the Roku to a different location, cleaned any dust and have also replaced the HDMI cable and nothing seems to work. Does the Roku Ultra have issues with the 4k Ultra HD content or is my unit defective?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra picture quality and heating issues

Hi @DANNAGEL1020,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos