Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LenCars55
Channel Surfer

Roku Ultra on an LG C1 oled TV - picture turns red when going between YouTube videos.

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra 4800R purchased in March of 2022. Upgrades the TV to the LG old unit. Now when we go between videos on YouTube the picture will go the various grades of red (sometimes yellow or green). The only way to get the picture back is to keep clicking different videos until it locks back onto the correct colors, or do a power-down reset.

YouTube seems to be the main culprit, but today it also did the same thing on the main home screen. 

All equipment has the latest updates, and so has the YouTube app. We are starting to believe the Roku may be defective.

I've juggled different settings on the TV. and the Roku but haven't solved it yet. 

Anybody else experience this? What did you do to correct it?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra on an LG C1 oled TV - picture turns red when going between YouTube videos.

Jump to solution

@Peterr5, try turning off "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" under Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Advanced display settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

LenCars55
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra on an LG C1 oled TV - picture turns red when going between YouTube videos.

Jump to solution

Hello,

Never got an official solution from Roku. However I did try the solution that renojim shared with you,

After 24 hours with the auto-adjust setting turned off I haven't had that issue come back. It seems that did the trick.

I'm leaving that setting set to off unless we get an answer or update from Roku themselves.

Thanks to renojim for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LenCars55

Thanks for the post.

Is this issue only occurring when you use the Roku device with your new TV? Have you already tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable to see if the issue persists?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LenCars55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes, I have changed cables (HMDI 2.1 Hi Speed) and changed ports on the TV (Four different ports) and still have the same results. 

I have also tried using the LG Smart TV YouTube app and a first-gen Firestick  and don't get the same results. They work perfectly.

I'd much rather use the Roku (better picture, faster app switching) than the Firestick or the built-in apps on the TV. 

I'd be grateful if we can figure this out.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LenCars55

Thanks for the follow up.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of what you are seeing on screen so we can better understand the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LenCars55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply.

I think I have all of the info you asked for. I've sent it, along with images and a short video of what we see happening, in a reply to your email.

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LenCars55

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that replies to the email notifications from the Community do not get posted to the Community. Once we have the information we have requested, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LenCars55
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku Model - 4800X - Roku Ultra           Purchased March, 2022 through Amazon

Serial Number - X01000F9WTLW

Software Version - 11.5.0 Build 4312-C2

Device ID - S02A21D9WTLW

YouTube App - Version 2.22 Build 110005090

LG C1 48" Oled TV - Software Version 03.34.55

Issue Report Tracker - Timestamp 2023-01-25T17:42:53Z.  ISSUE ID - LW-035-622

At this time all equipment and apps show to be the most current versions and updates.

I have a Roku Express, a Roku Stick, and an older Roku Ultra (approximately two years older than the current Ultra). I have tried all three on the LG TV using the same versions of the software and app that is on the current Ultra. In each case the problem never shows up. 

On the current Roku Ultra the issue pops up at random times - there is no way to predict when it will happen or how. When it does show up the only way to get the screen to return to proper colors is to do a system reset or to go from video to video until it "locks" on one with a black/darker back ground. It will then function properly until the next time it decides to turn the screen red. It will sometimes happen several times a day, other times it may happen only once and never come back for the rest of the day. 

0 Kudos
Peterr5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, Did you get a fix for that problem, my LG nano with a Roku Ultra 2022 does the exact same thing along with going black momentarily when scrolling through the movies. Then I have to restart the Roku to clear it up.

Peter

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Peterr5, try turning off "Auto-adjust display refresh rate" under Settings->System->Advanced system settings->Advanced display settings.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Peterr5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi RenoJim,

So far that solution has worked, I was only the Roku for 15 minutes to test it out but so far so good.

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos