Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku not working since update 2024

Hi @daddio2,

Thank you for the additional information!

We'd love to investigate further this issue that you're having with your Roku Ultra. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Are your other devices able to connect to the network without any issues or latency?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daddio2
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Ultra constantly freezes and rebooting

Other devices (non-Roku) are able to connect without incident. Only the two Roku Ultras have exhibited behavior where they randomly reboot, or do not display the screen as expected.FewerItems.jpgNoTiles.jpg

I have attached the two types of screen I may be presented with before they automatically reboot, or I pull the power cable to force a reboot since the remote may not respond.

Other than the last update, nothing has changed with either device.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for your active cooperation, @daddio2.

We understand that you're having issues with your Roku Ultras that constantly reboot. We are here to continue assisting.

We are currently looking closely into this concern. Would you mind providing us with the affected devices' serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)? As well as all the troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

With a few more details, we'll be able to further assess this concern. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
daddio2
Channel Surfer

Ultra1

SN - X01000TSK2CS

Software - 12.5.5 - build 4174-C2

ID - S0DA228SK2CS

Ultra2

SN - YJ009A693742

Software - 12.5.5 - build 4174-46

ID - CK4889693742

I have recycled the power on the devices numerous times, until it will respond. I have rebooted the router once. While I can eventually get them to respond, they do not respond when I try to turn them on with any routines (Ultra 2), or with "Hey Roku" commands (Ultra 1).

Not sure what has changed to cause this. They were working fine before I went out of town, and have been having this issue since I started using them again on 2/26.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JustJoeAKABeans,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Roku Ultra. We're happy to assist you further. Can you please provide the following information below?

• How far is your Roku Ultra from your network router?
  • Did we recently make any changes to your network or network provider?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JustJoeAKABeans
Reel Rookie

My ROku is less than 3 feet from router and connected by ethernet cable, network is fine computers and roku tv work fine this has been strictly this unit. I replaced ethrnet cable just in case but that is obviously not the issue. My old Ultra LT worked fine without issue prior to this unit.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JustJoeAKABeans,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We appreciate the information that you have provided to us. We will be more than happy to assist you further with this concern that you have with the Roku Ultra. Please try the steps below.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select Power.
  5. Select auto-power savings.
  6. Uncheck the box next to After 20 minutes of no interaction.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,                                                                                                                                        John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JustJoeAKABeans
Reel Rookie

Improved it, now just happens randomly on MAX and Netflix

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for keeping us in the loop, @JustJoeAKABeans.

We're happy to know that the troubleshooting steps helped improve the concern. 

For Max and Netflix, kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device [Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > Restart], and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

Furthermore, after attempting the troubleshooting procedures that @RokuJohnB outlined, could you verify whether other channels aside from the aforementioned apps function as intended? Lastly, when did you start having this issue?

Please inform us of your findings after doing so. We'll be anticipating your response.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello @daddio2,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having issues with your Roku Ultra frequently rebooting. We appreciate the precise details you have provided as well as the troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to fix the issue.

Rest assured we'll flag this concern to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. To help the team better assess this issue, would you mind providing us with the following details?

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Specific channels affected by the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos