Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biglilsteve
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra - No Surround Sound From Most Apps

Roku Ultra 4670X

Software version 10.5.0 build 4208-46

TV: Vizio M70-C3

Sound bar: Samsung HW-A650 3.1 channel

Roku is connected via HDMI 5 port (4K @ 60hz). Sound bar is connected to HDMI 3 (ARC) port.

Audio mode: Auto (DD, DTS)
Streaming audio format: Auto
Digital output format: Auto

Tested YouTube TV, Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon, Apple TV.

So far, my bar’s center channel is ONLY active with Apple TV and HBO Max. Everything else appears to be in stereo.

Also tested my Blu-ray player connected to a different HDMI port. Output via ARC to my bar DOES have the center channel active, so the problem appears to be with the Roku.

Just moved my Roku Ultra 2020 (4800X) from another TV to this one and all apps besides YouTube TV (expected) have correctly functioning surround sound. I also noticed this Roku has slightly different audio options in the settings.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
TomClark
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra - No Surround Sound From Most Apps

Curious if you ever figured this out.  I have no surround sound on Youtube and FUBOtv.  My other apps do play surround.  If it's a setting I have no idea where to start!  Thanks!  Tom

0 Kudos
biglilsteve
Reel Rookie

Never figured it out @TomClark. The problem Roku Ultra was moved to my bedroom with just a 40” TV and no proper sound ever since. You are making me curious if it might have received an update that would solve the issue since I made this post forever ago. 

0 Kudos
TomClark
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply!  I went ahead and signed into the Youtube and Fubotv apps that were preloaded on the lg tv.  Plenty of surround there!   Really makes me wonder why I'm using a roku with a smart tv.  I'm sure the grandkids would laugh at the old guy lol!  Take care.  

0 Kudos