Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mtkate

Roku Ultra - Continuous High Pitched Noise

I have the exact same issue.  Very annoying.  I got this Roku Ultra to replace an older Roku 4.  No problem with that Roku for 10 years.  Plugged in this one and right away started with the night pitched noise.  I turn off the DVD player I run it thru and turn on and whine goes away for a bit but always comes back.  Help!

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra - Continuous High Pitched Noise

@Mtkate

Thanks for the post. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.  When I power on my TV, the Roku Ultra generates a continuous high pitched sound.  I replaced the Roku's output HDMI cable and it did not help.  The TV is configured to output audio via HDMI/ARC to a sound bar.  I unplugged this HDMI cable and it did not help.  Serial number X01000FXRKJK.  Note that I have a second Roku Ultra that I purchased about a month earlier than the problem box and it works great.  The only difference is the problem box uses WiFi while the other box uses an Ethernet cable.  Also, the other box is configured for stereo audio while the problem box is configured "Streaming Audio Format = Auto" and "Digital Output Format = Auto".

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Wheelman2112

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Just to verify, may we know where the noise is coming from, is it from the device or the TV?

Send us details and we would like to know how we can help!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos

It's coming from the TV.  When I mute the sound using the TV remote it mutes the noise.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Wheelman2112

Thanks for the follow-up.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Best regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
kslyall

We have it when we fast-forward in YouTubeTV on a Roku TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@kslyall

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos