Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ROKU crashes all resets no help

Hi @user1029,

We appreciate the response!

Thanks for providing us with your device information. Please be aware that we have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more information is available, we'll be sure to post an update on this thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @1DayAfterAnothe,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience of having a playback issue with the channel. That's not what we aim for. We also appreciate the troubleshooting steps that have been performed to try to resolve the issue.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

IMG_20240312_141252.jpg

0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

IMG_20240312_173111.jpg

0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

IMG_20240312_180026.jpg

This is getting old.

0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

IMG_20240312_180026.jpg

0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

IMG_20240312_210308.jpg

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

Actually...

I think I'm good. If it happens again I may get back to you. I basically leave the tv on all the time and play plex... where it finishes one video the goes to the next using the repeat all function...It just keeps playing until I intervene and change to watch something else. I left a playlist running particularly long last week..whether I'm in the room or not...and it played for about 2 days solid, maybe 3 before it went to home screen.. and I had never seen it do that before but at the same time I'm not sure if I've ever gone that long just letting it play like that...I read something about a sequence to clear cache so I did that. I think it's all good but if it starts happening frequently I'll get back to you. Thanks

0 Kudos
user1029
Streaming Star

IMG_20240313_094458.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @user1029.

We appreciate you for keeping us posted and providing us with Tracker ID's. 

Please be aware that we've already coordinated this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation and the details you have provided above have already been addressed.

Once again, our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured that we will find you the best resolution possible. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.