Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TCL TV 65' Keeps restarting

TCL Roku TV 65' keeps restarting over and over. This problem has persisted for the last 24 hours. I have tried the following solutions with no success.

1. Turn off power and disconnect from wall/surge protector for 2 minutes.

2. Check for updates (currently up to update)

3. Wi-FI connection is strong 

4. tried hitting the home button (5) times, up button once, rewind twice and forward twice to reset it.

5. Finally, factory reset it 3 times, twice from the side of the tv but using a paper clip to press button for 30 seconds and 1 once from the remote. still constantly resets.

6. Try plugging it in to a different outlet to check power supply to outlet. Also, moved to a different room, same result. 

All of these steps were tried and tv still resets. Please advise. 

thank you

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku TCL TV 65' Keeps restarting

Hello @DanielEYoung3

We're sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS.

You can reach TCL Support here: TCL Support

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Sarcastic

Re: Roku TCL TV 65' Keeps restarting

Mine does this as well and I tried everything you did. Customer support did nothing and cancelled my service inquiry after 4 days. Does anyone have alternative solutions? I won't be dealing with TCL any further. They've lost my custom. Good luck

0 Kudos