Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Stuck in 4:3 ratio after watching older show in that ratio, and now will not go back to 16:9.

Last night I watched an older show that flipped my aspect ratio to 4:3. After exiting the show and going back to netflix, my roku stayed in the 4:3 ration and nothing I've done will get it back to the 16:9. I have unplugged the unit and hdmi, I've reset the system, I've done a factory reset. I've checked to make sure it's not the tv... All the things. And nothing seems to fix the aspect ratio issue. I've searched through all the threads on here and people who have similar problems haven't seemed to find an answer yet. I'm hoping someone has finally figured out how to fix this issue. 

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Stuck in 4:3 ratio after watching older show in that ratio, and now will not go back to 16:

Roku hasn't sold a player with aspect ratio control for years. The last one was the Roku Express 3910 in 2017. And even then they didn't have a way to control the aspect ratio other than changing the display settings. What model Roku player do you have? It sounds more like the aspect ratio setting on your TV is what changed. Your TV remove likely has a dedicated AR button that might have accidentally been switched.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Re: Roku Stuck in 4:3 ratio after watching older show in that ratio, and now will not go back to 16:

You're totally right! After fighting with this for two hours I did a full factory reset on my tv as well and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thankfully. I was going crazy. lol

0 Kudos