Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Streaming Stick 4K stuck on home screen

I have a 19" Samsung TV with a Streaming Stick 4K. I use a Roku voice remote with standard batteries; there's a pairing button next to the batteries. When I turn on the TV & press the Home button on my Roku remote, nothing at all happens & it shows "no signal" on the TV  screen. I've unplugged the Roku stick from the TV and I've unplugged the Roku cable from the wall. When I plug it back in I get the Roku home screen. If I get the purple screen with the bouncing Roku logo, I take out the batteries for 5 seconds, put them back in & press the pairing button. Nothing happens. I've tried the soft re-set, pressing home 5 times, then up once, rewind twice & fast forward twice. Nothing. I've changed batteries several times. I've pressed the pair button several times; the green light flashes but I never see "pairing" on the screen. Help!!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K stuck on home screen

Hi, @natboris2001

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we'd be more than glad to assist. For us to assist further, we'd like to gather further information. Have you tried connecting your Roku Streaming Stick to a different HDMI port at the back of your TV? Also, have you performed a complete reset which is to press and hold the reset button on the Roku device for 20 seconds? Please note that a complete reset will remove all your channels and you will need to re-activate the Roku device once again.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Streaming Stick 4K stuck on home screen

What's the model number written on the stick?  Is it a model that requires the USB cable with the Wi-Fi receiver embedded in the cable and are you using that cable?  Without it, the remote won't function and those cables are known to go bad.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos