Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous5
Reel Rookie

Roku Streambar Random Beeping and Volume Decrease

I have a Roku Streambar. It’s been only six months and now, it’s randomly making a high-pitched beep as it notably decreases its volume. It’s driving me nuts. How do I fix it?

11 REPLIES 11
astewart
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar Random Beeping and Volume Decrease

I have a stream bar that is about a month old and I have experienced on several occasions a sudden & significant decrease in volume for no apparent reason. I have not experienced this with my stream bar pro or Roku sound bar.  I do not recall hearing a high-pitched beep but if it is too high of a pitch, I couldn't hear it anyway.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @Anonymous5 @astewart 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you try enabling Automatic Volume Leveling from the settings menu and see if that will resolve the issue you're experiencing? To do this, follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select Audio.
  4. Select Volume modes.
  5. Leveling: Enables consistent volume across different types of entertainment so you do not have to change the volume every time you switch channels or a commercial comes on.
    If you have a Roku TV, you may be able to adjust manufacturer-specific sound modes from the same options menu described above. 

For more information, this support article may help: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KCofIndy
Reel Rookie

The same issue started months ago, mine is over a year old, so I am sure it is not under warranty. It will make a squeal/beep and go very low or sometimes slightly low. Sometimes I can restart it and it will fix it. But this happens at least once a day, sometimes two or three. They are random. The only thing I have not done is factory reset, but I think that will not help either. It is very annoying since I paid good money for this POS. 

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @KCofIndy

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about your experience with your Roku device. To clarify, do you have a Roku Streambar? Have you tried the suggested steps posted by @RokuKariza-D and how it goes?

If the issue remains unresolved, kindly let us know and please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings > System > About. So we can help you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
ShogunX
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I've been experiencing this on my Roku Ultra for around the last year or two. The beeping issue occurs about every 30-60 mins or so.

The audio will make a glitchy beep sound and sometimes but not always the volume will cut by about half. It happens in any application and I can exit the application and go back in to fix the audio or I can continue watching and the volume will return to normal in about 20 minutes or so.

System>About info:

Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial number: YJ0074907899
Software Version: 12.0.0 build 4175-46

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @ShogunX

Thanks for your post. 

Sorry to hear about the beeping sound that occurring on your Roku Ultra. Have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device? A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. 

It may also help you resolve the problem with the Roku Ultra. Perform the following steps with your Roku remote or the Roku mobile app.

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Advanced system settings
  5. Select Factory reset
  6. If you have a Roku TV, select Factory reset everything. Otherwise, move to the next step.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions

You can see more here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Frederica
Reel Rookie

Made by Roku sound bar, squealing and whining Roku

I have the same issue on made by Roku sound bar. It makes an atrocious squealing whining noise when the TV is off.

There is a prior post saying to unplug and plug it back in. This solved the issue for a few months. But today it did it again.

Roku product quality is disappointing.. I know they won't honor the warranty

Same thing is happening to mine and I am thinking about upgrading to the stream bar pro does it have the same issue does anyone know. Side not I have tried everything to fix the issue even turning on the leveling sound thingy. Nothing has worked 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Made by Roku sound bar, squealing and whining Roku

Hi @Frederica @Ihateentitledpe,

Thanks for the post!

We really do appreciate the information provided about this behavior on the Roku streambar.

To better understand the main reason for this. Could you please tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? What are the steps that led you to this issue? What troubleshooting has been applied to resolve this?

With more specifics, we'll be able to zoom into this. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos