Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sparrowj
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar - Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

Device information:

Roku Device Model: 9102CA - Roku Streambar

Serial Number: YL00D6313140

Device ID: 2C108D313140

Software OS/Version: 12.5.5 - build 4174-95

Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?

Disney

Plex

YouTube

Prime

Netflix

Discovery

Bodi

*Seems to be every channel that's installed*

Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, quickly press Home 5 times and Back 5 times.)

ID:40-097-125

Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

If you see something different, can you please let us know?

Streaming content from any of the impacted channels, the media plays for a bit than it just randomly stops working.

Extra Information:

I have tried rebooting, uninstalling the impacted channels one by on.

I've done a soft factory reset, and a

hardware factory reset too

Labels (2)
18 REPLIES 18
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar - Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @sparrowj!

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. It is also highly appreciated that you've provided us with precise and complete details of your concern and device information.

Rest assured that we will pass this along to our relevant team to include your device in the process of investigation and find you the best resolution possible. 

Once we've been notified of updates from the team, we will make sure to let the Community know. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kgiven
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Streambar - Keeps kicking me out of my apps and back to the home screen

I'm having this problem with Disney+, Prime, HBO etc. what is the solution? 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for letting us know about this, @kgiven.

Rest assured, we are actively working to identify the root cause of the issue you are facing, and we are committed to finding you the best resolution possible.

If you are experiencing the same issue as posted above, kindly provide us with the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • What are the troubleshooting steps have you tried to try and resolve this? 

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than willing to include your device in the process of investigation. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sparrowj
Channel Surfer

Hello @RokuCarly 

Is it possible to get an update on the mentioned issues, as currently the device is basically unusable with the frequency of the app crashes.

Being that the apps I use are primarily paid for services, I am unable to enjoy any of the programming and the only viable solution that I'm able to find is switching to a alternative companies streaming device.

I tried contacting support yesterday to get additional help on this issue. The general repetitiveness of the same replies "we're sorry for the inconvenience" no offer of alternative solutions to allow someone use their paid for product. Plus one agent making promises that the next few agents not honoring at all. The last agent just utterly lying to me stating the will transfer me and leaving me in an empty chat.

Which can be seen in the time stamps of the chat and the time on my phone 5:27-6:17 with no one entering the chat at all. Really seems Roku wants to wash their hands clean for this issue.

Screenshot_20240312_181730_Brave.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for getting back to us, @sparrowj!

We don't have any updates on the ongoing investigation at the moment, but we'll make sure to keep you informed as soon as we receive any new information from our team. 

In the meantime, your patience and understanding are highly appreciated as we continue to work on this. Rest assured that we have taken necessary actions and a follow-up request has already been made regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sparrowj
Channel Surfer

hello  @RokuCarly 

I was communicating with Roku chat support about this issue a couple days ago, I was told by the agent to kindly wait 24hrs for an announcement about this issue.

I have been searching but I can't find any post or announcements pertaining to this issue at all. And now am going on a week with a Roku Streambar that I can't use at all for it's intended purpose.

Are you aware of any announcements?

Thank you 

0 Kudos
E_Archer
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming apps going back to Home Screen.

I am having the same issue with getting booted out of any app and getting reverted back to the Roku home screen. My new streambar acted like this on startup but then worked for a couple of days. Now it never works properly. 

Model:  9102R - Roku Streambar

Serial #:  YYL008F923793

Software Version:  12.5.5 build 4174-95

Device ID:  2A1398923793

Issue ID:  93-110-982

I have tried opening Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube several times. Sometimes the app will load and then after a few seconds or less revert back to the Roku home screen. Sometimes the app starts to load and it reverts back before completely loading.  It also reverts back when viewing settings. 

It reverted so quickly from the issue tracker and settings screens that I had to snap a photo really quickly to capture the screen info.

Based on other posts, I'm not sure mine came with the correct remote. I have the voice activated with four preset channels. It uses 2 AA batteries. It seems strange that the remote would cause the problem. Just pointing this out.

Thanks for your help! It looks like a lot of us are seeing this issue. 

0 Kudos
E_Archer
Reel Rookie

John,

I posted all of the details you requested including the issue ID, and my message was marked as a bot. This is infuriating.  I have spent hours trying to resolve 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@E_Archer, I have no idea why your post was automatically marked as spam.  I unmarked it for you.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos