Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geocper
Channel Surfer

Roku Streambar 4K reboots

Hi,

I recently purchased a streambar and hooked it up to a Visio V435 tv. After about 40-50 minutes the streambar rebooted all by itself then about every 5 minutes it reboots again. This will continue unless I do a system restart of just shut it off for a while. The tv is in my bedroom so normally will just go to sleep and when I wake up in the morning it seems to have reset itself and will work ok until 40-50 minutes later where the issue continues. It does not matter what app I am using, this also occurs if the tv is just sitting at the Roku home page. The router (Xfinity) is in the same room as the tv, less than 10 feet apart. Signal strength is excellent however I do notice on the wireless secret screen the number of TX retries is very high (in the 1000's) and the temperature reading on the Platform secret screen is always in the 80's even though the tv and streambar are cool to the touch. The streambar sits by itself on a shelf so there is no other equipment close by to cause it to over heat. I do not receive any errors on the screen itself, the streambar just simply reboots. I have already been thru support with this issue and they sent me another streambar to try and I am having the exact same issue. Before the streambar I had a Roku express which worked fine. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Streambar 4K reboots

Hi @geocper,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to further investigate this issue that you had with the Roku streambar since it will automatically reboot itself. Can you please provide the following information below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once we have these details, we will be able to pass them along to our appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
geocper
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Streambar 4K reboots

Hi John,

I replied via email, hope that is okay.

George

0 Kudos