Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Express loud high-pitch beep

Bought a Roku Express (SN: S00820CFHUEV) and when set up and everything, a high pitch beep would occur sometimes when navigating menus and other inputs with the remote, the noise however did not come from the remote.

Took it back and got another, and same issue. TV is a few years old but otherwise fine. The Roku is the only device to have this issue.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express loud high-pitch beep

@Peachhhpitt

Thanks for the post.

When does this issue occur? Would you be able to provide a video of this issue occurring so we can investigate further?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to look further into this issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Benzer

Re: Roku streaming Stick loud high-pitch beep

Mine randomly has 3 high-pitched beeps since last night. Only related issue is we lost internet last night also but beeps continue with internet service back on. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku streaming Stick loud high-pitch beep

@Benzer 

Are you sure its your Roku? (model # and firmware version unknown)

Have you restarted your Roku?

What happens when you unplug the Roku for a bit?

0 Kudos
Eroz

I’m having the same problem. Also got two tv’s, different brands, and get high pitched beep when navigating menu. It even happens when tv is unplugged but the noise seems to come from the tv. It seems like some type of interference. The only thing I can think of is it started when I moved it to the basement with concrete walls and floors. I haven’t moved it back upstairs to try again but it’s weird and annoying. Roku TV CE06X. First brand was TCL. Current is Westinghouse. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Eroz, I doubt it has anything to do with the Roku software which is all they supply for the TVs (Roku doesn't manufacture them).  You might want to contact the manufacturer(s).

Where to get support for your Roku TV™ | Official Roku Support

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

I have had this problem since May/2022. First it started with beeping when I moved through the apps or changed TV inputs. Today the beeping was solid. I have already reseated the stick and other items from my Denon including the ARC from my TV with no success. I reset the stick and the beeping was no longer constant nor did it happen when moving through apps except when I go to the ROKU TV channel, then it is constant. I removed the channel but I still get short beeps when changing inputs on my TV. In reading about this problem on other forums, this seems to be affecting other sticks(4K) and TVs that come with ROKU app built in like TLC's. Seems odd that all of these different platforms and devices would have the same failure. Seems to me the common problem is ROKU.

3810X-ROKU Steaming Stick+ Plugged in to a DENON AVR X4000 receiver.

Software: 11.0.0 build: 4193-50

0 Kudos
Drummernaut
Streaming Star

Well, an odd thing happened an hour after my last post. I switch my TV input to watch my OTA and as usual there was a beep. After my program was over, I switched back to the ROKU and for the first time in months there was no beep. I reinstalled the ROKU TV app on the stick and was able to bring it up the app with no beep. Usually, the ROKU TV app beeps unless I am watching content. I rebooted the ROKU stick and got two short beeps while booting but nothing after that. It is all completely gone. So, either it magically stopped on its own or.......

0 Kudos