Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGR1

Roku Express device overheating

Model -  3941X   Roku Express 4K+

ID- S07P222P81JF

OS VERSION - 11.0.0.build  4193-CR

Steps to reproduce over heating and it asking me to unplug it and make all the connections again:  I just plug it in and try to watch something.  Usually when the TV has been on for an hour.  It also is really warm when the TV is off. 

Sometimes putting it on a plastic bag which is wrapped with a towel cools it down enough for it to work right. 

When did this start?  As soon as I started using it. I thought I was doing something wrong or it was normal, but my son has one and it doesn't overheat. I tried using the USB port, then switched to the adaptor to see it that made a difference, but no. 

I am afraid it is going to start a fire. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express device overheating

@RGR1

Thanks for the post.

It's fairly normal for your device to get warm during use, but if you are seeing a message on screen mentioning overheating, there are a few things you can do to help.

For more information visit our Support page here: What should I do if the red light is on or I see a “Your device is overheating” warning?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos