Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fweiss609
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Stopped Streaming All Channels

Jump to solution

All was working fine and then it was not. Can access my channels but when I select content it won’t play and sometimes gives an error saying it can’t play now (Paramount plus, Xfinity stream, Netflix, HBO Max, etc).   Connection says signal is excellent.  All other devices in household work fine with internet  (including another Roku express).  I reset modem and router.  I did multiple hard resets on Roku.  I replaced HDMI cable.  Still craps out when I try to play anything.  Roku support articles are useless.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
aaustin912
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express Stopped Streaming All Channels

Jump to solution

This worked for me!! I can get channels now!

Clear Roku TV’s Cache

Try clearing Roku TV cache if you are still experiencing the issue.

To do this, all you need is your Roku TV remote.

Once you have it, follow the procedures below (in the order as listed below) to clear your cache:

• First, select the Home tab
  • Now, press the ‘Home’ buttonon your TV remote 5 times
  • Next, press the ‘Up arrow’ button on your remote once
  • After that, press the ‘Rewind’button twice
  • Then, press the ‘Fast forward’button twice

If you do this correctly in that other, your TV should go blank and restart after a few seconds. Now, your TV cache has been cleared.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Raezane
Binge Watcher

Can’t view any content on Roku express

Jump to solution

As of 9am, I am unable to vote any content from any channel on my Roku express.  I’ve checked for updates, I’ve rebooted my router. I’ve restarted my roku.  I can open the channel, scroll through and choose a movie or episode, press play and it gives me an Error. Unfortunately an error occurred during playback. Please try again.   Every channel, same message. Netflix, Hulu, Paramount+, HBO, even the Roku live channel.  I’ve tried to get support but my device isn’t eligible for support. I have 3 devices and all are useless.  Help!?

0 Kudos
msdivineaz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mine just started doing that tonight!

I've rebooted everything & nothing helps.

Raezane
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue here.  I’ve rebooted, unplugged, restarted, checked for updates, factory reset, remove and re-added channels… nothing has worked.  Too bad there isn’t a customer technical support phone number or email for Roku.  Or i don’t know, a message board that Roku responded to when customers needs support… 

TucsonUser

Jump to solution

Mine stopped working about an hour ago. I have done everything to try and fix it. Reset. Updated payment info. Restart. Nothing works. I have been trying to find answers and support ever since. No call in number exists. I cannot believe how frustrating this. I am so PISSED!!!

Gamalielle

Jump to solution

Mine stopped on January 12, 2023.  I wonder if it’s an issue with the latest update especially since this just happened.  I don’t have any issue getting into the apps and seeing a picture.  It’s only when I try to play something that there’s a Content error, it’s not available or if it starts to play and the video is off, but I can hear it.   I hope it’s not a Roku update designed to make us buy newer Roku models similar to how Apple’s iOS updates make older iPhones non-functional  

I have done multiple restarts we connecting to the Internet and occasionally it would play a video without a problem and then starts up again. I can’t see anything on Netflix, Hulu Disney+,  Paramount+, PureFlix, Peacock and the list goes on.  I have no problem with these apps working on my smart devices, but when I try to use the Apple airplay to watch on the TV suddenly there’s a content issue so it’s purely with the Roku device and not the apps.

Sunnymqt1

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  I can see menus but received playback errors when trying to watch programming.

this device has worked flawlessly for 2 months.

msdivineaz
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Gamalielle That thought crossed my mind too! 

I wish there was a way to contact them!

PaulaJ1

Jump to solution

My Roku is doing the same thing.  I have tried everything, even installed a new device.  This is driving my husband crazy 🫤

Khaf4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

So many of us are having this same problem. I think it may have to do with an update, but Roku does not provide support for these products so I guess we’re all just out of luck. All of my apps work fine on my fire stick, but neither of my Rokus work. That tells me it’s a Roku problem and not a problem with my apps. I wish they would address this issue. If they don’t, I suppose we’ll all have to replace our steaming players, and If that happens I will not be buying anymore Roku products.