Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jbette
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4k+ keeps connecting to mystery headphones

I’ll be watching a show on any streaming service, and all of a sudden the audio will stop playing from the tv speakers. When I go to adjust the volume I can then see that the Aeolus has connected to headphones. However I don’t know why it would do this, nor do I know what headphones it’s connecting to. I have only one pair of Bluetooth headphones, and I’ve confirmed it’s not those it’s connecting to. I tried shutting off the Bluetooth on the Roku, but I can’t because it’s a voice remote. Restarting the system does not work. Resetting the system does work but only temporarily. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4k+ keeps connecting to mystery headphones

Try taking the batteries out of the remote when it happens and see if it goes away.  The headphone jack in the remote could be dirty/faulty.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jbette
Reel Rookie

The remote doesn’t have a headphone jack. This seems to be happening wirelessly. But I will try changing the batteries. Thanks!

0 Kudos
renojim

Hmm... I thought all Voice Remotes had a headphone jack.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Forgive me.  Aeolus?  What's that?

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Jbette
Reel Rookie

I have one that has a headphone jack and one that does not. The Roku in question is connected to the one that does not.

0 Kudos