Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juteman5

Roku Express 4K+ on every channel I use screen goes black periodically

I bought this roku express 4k+ 3941rw about a year ago, I've had a few problems but nothing major till now.  I started it up the other day and the screen went black for like 2-5 seconds then comes back. waits about 30secs then goes black again. Audio Cuts during this time. The show I am watching keeps playing but it just goes black with no sound. When it returns the show is a few seconds ahead of where I was. Have tried changing the hdmi cable, changing refresh rates, changing resolutions, resetting the device to factory. But the problem continues.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ on every channel I use screen goes black periodically

Hi @Juteman5,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to learn more about this and see how we can be of assistance. Could you tell us if this is a general platform issue or if it is exclusive to one channel?

To test whether it makes a difference, have you tried viewing this on a different TV?

Let us know more about this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aplywi
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem with ROKU Ultra. I had an older SONY tv and it didn't happen, but now I bought a new Insignia TV and it does it on a lot of channels and always on youtube. Blacks out for a second and then comes back. Sound cuts out too. I've been playing with all the settings, replace the HDMI cord, changed HDMI slots and even reset the Roku and nothing helps. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aplywi,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!
We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku Ultra since on every channel, the screen goes black periodically. Is your Roku Ultra currently powered on and connected to a wall outlet?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos