Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chawley
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ loses home screen items

I have two Roku Express 4K+ (Model 3941RW) running 11.5.0 build 4235-CR. The bedroom one is just fine but the living room one keeps loosing the home screen menu items. Under Settings/Home screen I all I end up with is “Movie Store and TV Store” and “Shortcuts”, that’s it. No “What to Watch”, “Featured Free”, “Live TV”, “The Buzz”, “Sports”, nor “My Feed”. All gone.

If I do a factory reset they come back for a day or so but then disappear. So frustrating.

Anyone else seeing this? Any ideas?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 4K+ loses home screen items

@Chawley 

If you are currently powering the suspect Roku device with the TV's USB power port, try using the included power adapter and plug directly into wall.

The above symptom is usually indicative of an underpowered device or a failed device/memory issue.

----

Not all TV USB power ports can supply the required power necessary to operate these streaming devices like Roku.  After connecting to power adapter at wall, you may need to factory reset one more time to get a fresh install of the Roku OS.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Chawley
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express 4K+ loses home screen items

That was it, thank you.  Very interesting that everything else worked but just those menu items disappeared.  But after plugging into power adapter (vs TV USB port) and yet another factory reset everything is working properly.