Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echoboy
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 3900X no longer powers on after very little use

My Roku Express 3900X will no longer power on after very little use in the time I have owned it.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express 3900X no longer powers on after very little use

@echoboy 

The Roku Express model 3900 is an older device, replaced by the 3930 in 2019, but still a supported device and not a Legacy Roku device.

It should still work. Are you using the included power supply to power it? Or are you trying to use the USB port on a TV? The power supply is the recommended method.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
echoboy
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response, the included power supply and cable has been used with the 3900X.  The Roku Express simply won't power on (no white light) and the included power supply and cable work fine on a Chromecast.  I have tried another suitable power supply and even tried the reset switch on the back.  The Roku is completely dead.

The Roku Express has had very little use in the time I have owned it and when not in use it has always been disconnected and stored safely.  I feel a bit disheartened at the device failing after such little use and I wanted to pass on the device to an elderly parent since it is very easy to use.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @echoboy

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos