Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku 4661RW Ultra Streaming Player not detecting 4K

and This was info was in my first post, Screenshot 2024-02-18 183641.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku 4661RW Ultra Streaming Player not detecting 4k

Thank you for letting us know, @ErickHelena.

In this case, even if your Asus monitor supports a 4K resolution, it may be possible that the Roku Ultra isn't compatible with your monitor. 

We highly suggest contacting Asus' Support for further clarification regarding this matter. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

Why would Asus would have a solution for a Roku device ?

I have a small set up in my room, and I have an old Samsung note 9 , if I connect it to the monitor I get 4k, I use a hub connected to my usb c port connected to my computer and to my monitor and I get 4k, I have another Roku device and I get 4k, my samsung s23 ultra get 4k, but it is just this roku device that doesn't get 4k. 

Honestly I was hoping you guys have more knowledge about your products, but you gave me the same "solution" I found online before coming to your website. 

The only solution provided was to try to change the resolution manually. 

I just hope someone who really knows , reads this post and can find a solution or an explanation. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@ErickHelena 

Some useful information:

1)  Try yet another HDMI cable; also try the other HDMI port on the monitor.

2) Try disabling FreeSync/VRR in the monitor and seeing the results with the resolution selections

3) Since 4K requires HDCP 2.2, you may be running into an HDCP-related issue (RokuOS has routine HDCP related issues/bugs), some Roku player models are more prone than others.

4) Use the following remote key sequence to check the 4K & HDCP detection status of your Roku:  Home 5x, Down, Left, Up 3x (needs 4K @ 30 and @ 60; HDCP needs to be 2.2)

5)  You mentioned you purchased this device "refurbished" - I personally would never purchase a "refurbished" low cost CE product, and its likely this specific issue is either why the product was originally returned or a direct result of being "refurbished" - I would return it and get a "new" 4661 (Amazon, eBay, etc) if you want this particular model (not clear why you purchased this specific older model).

0 Kudos
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

Thank you mr Guru. I think this might be the problem :

3) Since 4K requires HDCP 2.2, you may be running into an HDCP-related issue (RokuOS has routine HDCP related issues/bugs), some Roku player models are more prone than others.

I checked the asus documentation and I couldn't find anything related to hdcp. I talked to asus support and they say the monitor is compatible with hdcp , but they are not sure if it is 2.2. 

The tech guy I talked to , said she was going to escalate the issue and they will let me know. 

This is the first time I hear this hdcp or any issues ralated to it and the first time I have issues with a device not displaying 4k , if it is capable of, and yes I used another cable, it supports up to 8k, and the monitor only has one hdmi and one DP , I don't have a DP cable, I only use the hdmi one. 

0 Kudos
ErickHelena
Binge Watcher

I received an answer from asus 

Screenshot 2024-03-10 110830.jpg

0 Kudos